Working with Compulsive Sexual Behaviours
A workshop for therapists, psychologists, social workers, medical professionals and healthcare workers
May 25-26, 2018 at Sandy Hill Community Centre in OTTAWA
June 22-23, 2018 at Hilton Garden Inn, Thornhill in the GTA
October 26-27 in NIAGARA
An Unprecedented Challenge and Opportunity:
The fastest growing addiction in the world! Never before have mental health workers and therapists been confronted with so many clients struggling with compulsive sexual behaviours. Addiction to Internet pornography is rampant and growing, and accounts for almost 1/3 of all divorces. Clients are reporting in record numbers that they struggle with out of control sexually related behaviours such as phone sex, web-camming, sexting, dating sites, random hook ups, serial affairs, using escorts and prostitutes and attending massage parlors and strip joints. The need has never been greater for therapists to be informed and equipped to deal with the onslaught of sexual addiction that is already knocking at our office doors. This is the first training of its kind being offered in Canada by a Canadian Certified Sexual Recovery Therapist.
What We Need:
- Tools to assist in assessing the range and extent of someone’s compulsive sexual behaviour
- Awareness of the prevalence of these activities so we can ask the right questions in the right way.
- A treatment plan and protocol in providing real tangible help for those clients desperately seeking help and change.
What you will learn in this full day training workshop:
- An over-view of the cultural and therapeutic landscape that will forever change how you view sexuality and therapy.
- Assessment tools to accurately assess the presence of compulsive sexual behaviours.
- Session-by-session treatment plans you can implement immediately so your client can start feeling hopeful from the very first session.
- Effective strategies to customize a personal and effective Recovery Map that will start moving your client towards long-term recovery.
- Proven ideas for dealing with partners and the impact of sexual addiction on their relationship.
- The Pillars of long-term recovery and how to ensure they become integrated into the client’s life-style.
- The role of spirituality in recovery.
- 3 things you must avoid to effectively work with this population.
- Keys to long term success working with the sexually addicted
By the end of this program you will:
- Feel confident in handling the topic, broaching the subject, and dealing with possible responses.
- Have the tools to assess and treat this issue.
- Have a toolkit of worksheets and actual exercises that have been “kitchen tested” for success
- Be ready to expand your scope of practice and area of expertise
Facilitated by Paul Lavergne, CSRT,
The Turning Point Counselling
Paul Lavergne received his undergraduate degree at York University and received his Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology from Yorkville University. He has also received training from the American Association of Sex Addiction Therapists and is currently one of the only Certified Sexual Recovery Therapists with AASAT in Ontario. Paul is also a member of OACCPP. Paul’s broad range of work and life experience has allowed him to be involved with people from all walks of life, and he has developed a wide perspective on life’s issues. Paul has appeared on television and radio speaking about the impact of pornography and sexual addiction on our culture, and presents workshops to community groups, colleges, and high schools. He currently works in private practice and assists clients and their partners with a wide range of compulsive sexual behaviours.
1. Go to our STORE and set up an account – register online. You will receive confirmation of your registration and emails detailing what you will need for the date of training.